The Blueprint Project: Framing your Future Success
Time & Location
About the event
The duration of the program is August 24 to August 27, 2020.
This is a culturally responsive approach focused on engaging in authentic conversations about navigating the high school experience. This program begins from the knowledge and understanding that Black identity is at the center of learning and that their Blackness is important to their overall engagement and success.
Student look fors:
- Students who self-identify as Black
- Youth who are interested in courses and activities that will support their strengths and interests
- Students who are open to supplemental support
- Students who have demonstrated leadership skills
- Students who need skills for navigating educator feedback and social interactions
Day 1: My Black Is...
Students will talk about defining their Black identity as it relates to their present realities and future social interactions.
Day 2: My Decision...
How will you stand out?
Students will navigate collaboratively through real world academic and social scenarios.
Day 3: My Confidence...
Developing and amplifying the student voice will be the focus of this session’s conversation.
Day 4: My Brilliance...
Alongside a Parent / Guardian, students will complete the program by reflecting upon their personal growth and next steps for success.